- This event has passed.
Trout Lake Station Open House
August 2 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Would you like to learn more about our lakes, rivers, streams and wetlands? Do you love freshwater? How about swimming or fishing or Babcock Dairy ice cream? If your answer is yes to any of these questions, then mark your calendars for our summer Open House!
Trout Lake Station Open House – Minocqua/Boulder Junction – Friday, August 2nd – 1-5pm
This event is free and open to the public and offers an opportunity for guests of all ages a chance to:
- Ask aquatic scientists about the waters of Wisconsin and the world.
- Meet some of the plants and animals living in our lakes.
- Hunt for aquatic insects and get an up-close look at them under our microscopes.
- Get a hands-on introduction to the marvelous diversity of Wisconsin’s aquatic plants.
- Take a ride on our research boat and try using some limnological tools to take samples.*
- Enjoy free Babcock Dairy ice cream.**
- Learn a little more about Wisconsin’s freshwater ecosystems.
*Boat rides limited and tickets for each outing available on a first=-come, first-served basis. ** Ice cream is free until we run out!
Visitors can stop at several stations featuring current research, lake science demonstrations and examples of all sorts of fishes, insects, plants and plankton living in our lakes.
The event is free and open (rain or shine) to the public. It’s a great way to spend an afternoon for kids, parents and grandparents alike.
Trout Lake Station is located at 10810 Hwy N. (between Hwy 51 and Hwy M) north of Minocqua and south of Boulder Junction.