- This event has passed.
Creative Journaling Class
January 26 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm$45
Join author, artist, and journal keeper Adrienne S. Wallner for an evening of creativity and self-expression in this fun adult workshop. The instructor will discuss creative approaches to journaling that focus on art, nature, travel, visual record-keeping, personal exploration, and more. Participants will have an opportunity to practice several creative concepts in their journals and may also choose to adorn their journal covers in the style of their choosing.
Registration cost: $45
Registration deadline: 1/20
Participants will receive a Creative Journaling Starter Pack including:
- A blank journal
- “Bundle of bits” (papers, patterns, images, stickers, etc.) to use in future creative journaling
- A packet of journal prompts and resources to support your journaling practice
Great for new and experienced journalers alike, Creative Journaling Workshop is a no-pressure evening of creative exploration in a supportive environment. No experience is needed.
Participants should bring:
– A photo/image of a place that is personally meaningful
– A print out of one or more of the following: a poem, song, quote, or other text that inspires you.
– An photo/image from a trip and/or a place you enjoyed visiting or would like to travel to.
Instructor Bio: Adrienne S. Wallner (Jaeger) is a poet, photographer, and grant writer. She holds an M.F.A. in Creative Writing with an emphasis in Poetry from the University of Southern Maine-Stonecoast and a B.A. in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing from St. Norbert College. Her debut poetry collection “To the 4 a.m. Light” was published by Finishing Line Press in 2021. Adrienne has been journaling for 10+ years and finds it beneficial for her creative process, relationships, and overall state of mind.
- If you would like to pay with cash or check, please call LOLA Arts at (715) 547-3950 to reserve your spot in class.
- Refund Policy – No refunds will be given after the registration deadline. Classes will only be cancelled due to weather if Northland Pines School district cancels.