Tips For Your Visit to Boulder Junction
January 4, 2021
Boulder Junction is ready to welcome you, whether you’ve got a trip planned or have just started dreaming about your next Northwoods adventure. Here are a few tips on how to make the most of your getaway, whenever you choose to travel.
Tip #1: Follow Public Health Guidelines
- Practice social distancing. Please stay at least six feet from others when you’re in public.
- The state of Wisconsin has an emergency order in place requiring face masks indoors, with some exceptions, as well as capacity limits at public gatherings. (See more on the orders here.)
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Use hand sanitizer often.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
- Follow guidelines from Vilas County Public Health.
Tip #2: Be patient
- Some businesses have changed their services or capacity, but they’re still working hard to keep everyone safe and healthy, so bear with them as they implement new routines. Please be flexible as businesses work to adapt to new information.
- Check with specific businesses to verify their hours/offerings.
- Make a Plan B or Plan C if your first choice is closed or too busy… don’t worry, we’ve got lots to do in Boulder Junction!
Tip #3: Support your favorite businesses
- Most shops and restaurants are open for business, though some might have made changes to how they operate. Consider calling ahead for a sit-down reservation at your favorite eatery or try a carryout meal. Places like Coontail Market even offer curbside pickup of groceries.
- Here’s a list of carry-out options in the Boulder Junction area.
Tip #4: Make a reservation
- Boulder Junction’s motels, resorts, cabins and vacation homes are accepting reservations. These businesses have visitors’ health and well-being top of mind; please contact specific lodging properties with questions on availability or changes to procedures.
- Lodging info can be found here.
Tip #5: Get outside
- All your favorite outdoor activities in Boulder Junction are still available to you—fishing, hiking, winter sports and more.
- Practice social distancing measures at public areas like boat launches and trailheads.
- Your trip to Boulder Junction gives you access to so many outdoor resources–explore a new trail, lake or scenic drive for new outdoor adventures.
Let’s Go Wisconsin – support the state’s Travel Pledge
Business and health care organizations from across Wisconsin have put together a message encouraging residents and visitors to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by social distancing, wearing a mask and washing their hands.
Travel Wisconsin is also asking those who are considering travel to follow local guidelines and regulations in communities they visit. Learn more about Wisconsin’s Travel Pledge and the state’s #WeAreAllIn initiative.