Fishing 101: When to go fishing
May 7, 2018
Boulder Junction is a great destination for your first (or next) fishing trip, but there are a few things you should know before you head out on the water. Our Fishing 101 series is here to help!
When’s a good time to go fishing? Anytime you can, really! But according to our expert guides:
- The fishing is good all day early in the spring and later in the fall.
- In mid-summer, they recommend fishing early in the day or in the evening, avoiding midday.
- Overcast days are also great for summer fishing.
Our experts also offered up some musky fishing tips:
- The best time to catch a big musky is in the fall, but the easiest time to catch any musky is in the spring, right after they spawn.
- Use a smaller bait earlier in the year. Save the big baits for late summer and fall when they’re most enticing to musky.
Find a great place to stay during your next visit to Boulder Junction here.