Fishing 101: When to go fishing
May 7, 2018
Boulder Junction is a great destination for your first (or next) fishing trip, but there are a few things you should know before you head out on the water in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. Our Fishing 101 series is here to help!
When’s a good time to go fishing? Anytime you can, really! But according to our expert guides:
- The fishing is good all day early in the spring and later in the fall in northern Wisconsin.
- In mid-summer, they recommend fishing early in the day or in the evening, avoiding midday.
- Overcast days are also great for summer fishing.
Our experts also offered up some musky fishing tips:
- The best time to catch a big musky in Vilas County is in the fall, but the easiest time to catch any musky is in the spring, right after they spawn.
- Use a smaller bait earlier in the year. Save the big baits for late summer and fall when they’re most enticing to musky.
Learn more about fishing in Boulder Junction and northern Wisconsin here.
Find a great place to stay during your next visit to Boulder Junction here.