Here’s why spring is the perfect time to visit Boulder Junction
February 16, 2023
Boulder Junction is an outstanding destination year-round, but if you’re looking for more room on the trails, good deals on lodging, and a less-hectic pace, spring can be the perfect time for a getaway to the Northwoods of Wisconsin.
Here are just a few reasons why you should visit Boulder Junction this spring.
There’s lots of room on the trails.
Boulder Junction is home to some of the best and most scenic multi-use trails in the Northwoods of Wisconsin, and spring is a great time to beat the crowds. Lace up a pair of hiking boots (trails can still be a little wet early on in the season) and take in the sights on the trails in the Boulder Junction area. Here are a few to explore:
- Fallison Lake Nature Trail: This trail is located in the Northern Highland-American Legion State Forest takes hikers on scenic routes next to 53-acre Fallison Lake
- North Trout Lake Nature Trail: Another beautiful nature trail, this 1-mile route can be found on the northern edge of Trout Lake just south of Boulder Junction
- Escanaba-Palette Lake Trails: Stroll by the shores of five lakes on this trail system that has loops from 2 to 8 miles and connects to the Lumberjack Trail
Learn more about hiking in Boulder Junction.
You’ll find great deals on lodging.
Spring and fall are often considered “shoulder seasons”—that is, times of the year that aren’t as busy as others. Snowmobilers in winter and family vacationers in summer account for a lot of visitors, and that means less room at Boulder Junction’s lodging properties. In spring, that’s less of a problem, as there tend to be more openings at the area’s cabins, resorts, and vacation homes. That lower demand can be good for you, too, as you might find cheaper rates in spring than other times of year.
- Tips to find the best Boulder Junction lodging
- Pet-friendly lodging in Boulder Junction
- Stay at these cozy year-round resorts & lodging properties
Learn more about where to stay in Boulder Junction.
You’ll enjoy great dining and shopping options.
Fewer people on the trails means smaller crowds at Boulder Junction’s popular restaurants and shops, too, which means a more relaxing experience for you. Whether you’re looking for a classic Friday night fish fry or a Northwoods gastropub experience, you’ll find it here in Boulder Junction. And, you’ll also find unique shops filled with the perfect gift, whether it’s for you or someone else.