Plan your summer fishing trip
June 11, 2018
There are 194 lakes in Boulder Junction. It’s a community surrounded by great fishing. And, right now is arguably the best time of the year to be on the water. Why?
- Musky season is open: After six months of waiting, you can finally cast for those lunkers that lurk in northern Wisconsin’s lakes.
- The water is warming: After a long, cold winter, the water temperature of area lakes is steadily rising—and the fishing is getting hot.
- Northern zone bass season opens June 20: Some of the best smallmouth bass fishing in Wisconsin can be found in the lakes surrounding Boulder Junction in Vilas County. (The catch-and-release bass season runs through June 19.)
- Beautiful weather: Early to mid-June generally offers very nice weather for fishing in northern Wisconsin.
- You should be out in the middle of a Northwoods lake casting a Rapala right now. What are you waiting for?
Find more fishing information for Boulder Junction and Vilas County here.