10 things to do this spring in Boulder Junction
March 22, 2023
We’ve already talked about why spring is a great time to visit Boulder Junction, so let’s take a look at a few of the things you should do on your spring getaway to the Northwoods of Wisconsin. Here’s a top ten list to get you started.
- Take an early-season paddle along the Manitowish River. Discover what to see and do along the river here and learn more about Manitowish River paddling trips here.
- Look up at night! The days are getting longer, but the open sky in the spring is a stargazer’s delight.
- Get the fishing poles and restring your reels: the season opener is the first Saturday in May. Learn more about fishing in Boulder Junction here and find a fishing guide here.
- Attend a Boulder Junction Music Collective night. Bring an instrument or come and listen. All are welcome to these fun sessions, held from 4 to 6pm in March through May and 6 to 8pm beginning in June. This event is held on the second Tuesday of every month at the Boulder Junction Community Center. Find more Boulder Junction events here.
- Plan a day trip to Bond Falls in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. These stunning falls are about an hour’s drive from Boulder Junction, and the fractured 50-foot cascades are especially impressive during the spring thaw. An accessible boardwalk at the site allows easy views for everyone.
- Grab a cup of your favorite coffee concoction from Boulder Junction Coffee Company and stroll down Boulder Junction’s quaint Main Street. Learn more about what to see and do in downtown Boulder Junction here.
- Head over to the Lumberjack Trail and take a peaceful hike with your furry friend—leashed pets are allowed when there’s no snow.
- Spot migrating spring birds at scenic sites throughout Boulder Junction. Or better yet, learn all about them at the North Lakeland Discovery Center’s Birding & Wildlife Fest on May 12-13.
- Get ready to treasure hunt at the Lions Club Weekly Flea Market, which starts in early June.
- Dust off your bicycle, pump up the tires, and plan your ride along the Heart of Vilas County Trail, which connects Boulder Junction to several other Northwoods communities.
Looking for a place to stay on your spring trip to Boulder Junction? Find spring lodging availability here and see more places to stay here.