In 2022, we will not be creating separate divisions for canoe, kayak or SUP. You may use the watercraft of your choice, but all entrants will be competing in the same divisions as listed below.
- Individuals, ages 15-70+: Medals will be awarded to the top three males and top three females in each of the following age categories: 15-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59, 60-69, 70+. Award plaques will be presented to the top male and top female overall in each division.
- 2 Person Teams: Divisions are male/male, female/female and co-ed in tandem kayak or tandem canoe. Each team member in each of the top finishing divisions will be presented with an award plaque and the 2nd & 3rd place team members in each division will be awarded a medal.
- 3-Person Relay: three people will each complete one leg of the course. A plaque for each member of the top relay team will be awarded and the 2nd & 3rd place team members will be awarded a medal.
- ALL athletes finishing the race will receive a participation medal.
The race time limit is set at 1pm. If any participant has not passed the finish line and exceeds this limit, they will be disqualified to receive an award medal but can continue to complete the course and receive a completion time and participation medal. Failure to heed the commands of a race official or police means disqualification.
Friday, May 20, 2022
5pm-8:30pm – Check-In/Packet Pick-Up: Mandatory orientation/check-in (need not be present the entire time) at the Boulder Junction Community Center on Hwy M – 5392 Park St, Boulder Junction, WI 54512. Packets include your bib, wave start time, t-shirt and goodie bag. This is a good time for you to ask questions. If you cannot make it between 5pm and 8:30pm on Friday evening, please contact us ASAP. (715)385-2400.
Tavern Tour – both Friday & Saturday evenings: Visit our local participating taverns offering drink specials for our triathletes. Have your card stamped in each location to enter into a drawing for a complimentary registration in our 2023 White Deer Triathlon. No purchase is necessary. Leave your completed card at your last stop. They will be collected, and the winner notified via email the week following the race.
Saturday, May 21, 2022
6:30am-8:30am – Gear Drop Off: Paddle drop off at Boulder Lake Boat Landing (Paddle Transition) & bike gear drop off at Camp Manitowish YMCA (Bike/Run Transition)
9am – The race begins! White Deer Triathlon begins at Boulder Lake Boat Landing (Paddle Transition)
11am-2pm – Celebration Party: Cookout lunch from 11am-2pm, awards at 1:30pm. All at the Boulder Junction Community Center. Outdoor seating is limited, if you have a bagged chair bring it with you and keep in your car for the awards.
12pm-3pm – Gear Pick up: You may pick up your triathlon gear at Camp Manito-wish YMCA between 12noon and 3pm.
Tavern Tour – both Friday & Saturday evenings: Visit our local participating taverns offering drink specials for our triathletes. Have your card stamped in each location to enter into a drawing for a complimentary registration in our 2020 White Deer Triathlon. No purchase is necessary. Leave your completed card at your last stop. They will be collected, and the winner notified via email the week following the race.
Following the race: Preakness Party at McGann’s Pub & Wine Bar.
Sunday, May 22, 2022:
Take time to explore … Bike along the 50 plus miles Heart of Vilas County paved bike trail, fish the beautiful lakes, hike area trails, dine at local restaurants and shop the unique Boulder Junction stores – all day at your own pace. Visit boulderjct.org. for recreation, dining and shopping ideas.
Restrooms or portable toilets located:
- Boulder Junction Community Center
- Camp Manito-wish YMCA bike/run transition area
- Boulder Lake landing area
- Winter Park
Safety and First Aid Stations: In the case of emergency, call 911. Safety and First aid stations will be available at transition stations and finish line staffed by volunteers from the Boulder Junction Fire Department and EMTs.
Equipment: Please remember to bring:
- Bike helmet, PFD, running shoes, sunscreen, towel, socks, sunglasses
- Filled water bottles, a smile and a great attitude!
LIMITED Rentals Available At:
Severe Weather Policy:
Any part of the race will be stopped in the event of:
- Visible lightning
- An active tornado warning
- Severe thunderstorm warning encompassing the start time or operation time
- High winds creating severe wave action/surf
- In the event of severe thunderstorms and tornado watches/warning, the race start will postponed up to 60 minutes from the scheduled start time if severe weather presents itself.
- The race may be postponed up to one hour before a cancellation will be issued.
- A race in progress will be suspended or cancelled if severe weather presents itself during the race.
- Race officials will monitor the weather on race morning and keep participants aware of any alterations to the schedule or alert athletes if the race has been postponed or cancelled.
- Please dress for all-weather conditions and plan accordingly.
- Your safety is our number one concern.
- NO REFUNDS will be issued if competition must be modified, shortened or cancelled due to weather conditions.
If the race is stopped:
- If you are on the water, please exit the water immediately and seek shelter.
On any other part of the race, please seek shelter immediately
Please call us with any questions or concerns!
Boulder Junction Chamber of Commerce
1-800-GO-MUSKY OR 1-715-385-2400