Open to individuals, 2-person team and 3-person relay team participants from amateur to seasoned triathlete, ages 15-70+.
Individuals: Solo canoes, kayaks and stand-up paddleboards (SUP) are for individual participants only completing the paddle, bike and run legs.
Two-person teams: Tandem canoes/kayaks are for 2 person teams only. Two person teams consist of two athletes: male/male, male/female or female/female. The total time would be calculated as 1 paddle time + 2 biking times + 2 running times.
Three-person relay teams: The relay teams consist of 3 individuals each one completing one leg of the triathlon. The relay team members scores are added together for the total team score. Canoe, kayak and SUP paddle vehicles can be used.
The race time limit is set at 1pm. If any participant has not passed the finish line and exceeds this limit, they will be disqualified to receive an award medal but can continue to complete the course and receive a completion time and participation medal. Failure to heed the commands of a race official or police means disqualification.
N46° 06.388 W089° 38.484
Friday, May 15th, 2020 from 5pm – 8:30pm at the Boulder Junction Community Building on Hwy M at 5392 Park St (Hwy M), Boulder Junction, WI, 54512.
- Receive your race information, bibs/timing chips, goodie bag, tech shirt, decal
- Last opportunity to register (no walk-in registrations on Saturday)
- Review info and ask questions
- Photo ID required
- Contact the Chamber ASAP if you cannot make packet pick-up on Friday
Awards Ceremony & Celebration Party:
N46° 06.388 W089° 38.484
Saturday, May 16th, 2020 from 11am – completion of awards ceremony at the Boulder Junction Community Building on Hwy M at 5392 Park St (Hwy M), Boulder Junction, WI, 54512.
- The finish line and awards will be at the Boulder Junction Community Center from 11:00am until the awards presentation ends on May 16, 2020 with food and music.
- Bananas and water will be available at the finish line for all participants upon completion of the race.
Divisions and Awards:
- In 2020, we will not be creating separate divisions for canoe, kayak or SUP. You may use the watercraft of your choice, but all entrants will be competing in the same divisions as listed below.
• Individuals, ages 15-70+: Medals will be awarded to the top three males and top three females in each of the following age categories: 15-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59, 60-69, 70+. Award plaques will be presented to the top male and top female overall in each division.
• 2 Person Teams: Divisions are male/male, female/female and co-ed in tandem kayak or tandem canoe. Each team member in each of the top finishing divisions will be presented with an award plaque and the 2nd & 3rd place team members in each division will be awarded a medal.
• 3-Person Relay: three people will each complete one leg of the course. A plaque for each member of the top relay team will be awarded and the 2nd & 3rd place team members will be awarded a medal.
• ALL athletes finishing the race will receive a participation medal.
Friday Evening: Area restaurants will be open for dinner:
Aqualand Alehouse is offering Pasta Specials for Triathletes.
Boulder Beer Bar
The Guide’s Inn: opens at 4pm
Headwaters Restaurant & Tavern
Forest Lake Country Store
Mad Dog Jakes
Wittig’s Point Resort & Tavern
Evening Tavern Tour throughout Boulder Junction: Beginning on Friday and continuing though Sunday evening, you may get your White Deer Triathlon Tavern Tour punch card stamped at all participating businesses for a chance to win a free individual entry into the 2021 White Deer Triathlon! Drink specials & live music! (No purchase necessary!) Businesses participating in the Tavern Tour are: Aqualand Ale House, Boulder Beer Bar, George’s Pub, Headwaters Restaurant & Tavern, McGann’s Pub & Wine Bar and Wittig’s Point Resort & Tavern.
9 AM Race Starts: Race will begin promptly at the Boulder Lake boat landing. Waves will be assigned at packet pick-up.
1:30 PM Award Ceremony: Ceremony begins at 1:30pm or after the last finisher, whichever time is sooner.
Cookout Lunch beginning at 11 AM:
- Boulder Junction Lions Club will provide a cook out lunch at the finish line for the participants and their friends/family.
- Boulder Junction American Legion will have their beer cart available with soda, beer, wine and water.
- Participants will receive one complimentary meal voucher and one complimentary drink ticket.
- Family and friends may purchase food for a small fee.
- Music will begin at 11am and will stop during the award ceremony at 1:30pm, or or following the last runner whichever is sooner.
- In the case of inclement weather, the Celebration Party will be moved inside of the Boulder Junction Community Center.
- Limited seating is available outside. If you have a bagged chair, bring it with you and keep in your car for the awards ceremony.
- Relax and enjoy the fun with your family and friends.
Sunday Fun Day:
Make it a weekend to remember and enjoy!
- Take an extra day to bike any part of the over 50 miles of paved trail that runs through the woods from Boulder Junction to Manitowish Waters and Mercer going west and going south to Sayner and St. Germain.
- Fish any of the 194 beautiful lakes in the 10-mile radius of Boulder Junction.
- Hike any one of the many area nature trails.
- Enjoy a breakfast or lunch at a local restaurant,
- Shop the unique Boulder Junction area stores all day at your own leisurely pace.
- Detailed information and trail maps can be found right here on our website or calling the Boulder Junction Chamber at 1-800-GO-MUSKY.
Restrooms or portable toilets located:
- Boulder Junction Community Center
- Camp Manito-wish Additional InformationYMCA bike/run transition area
- Boulder Lake landing area
- Winter Park
Safety and First Aid Stations: In the case of emergency, call 911. Safety and First aid stations will be available at transition stations and finish line staffed by volunteers from the Boulder Junction Fire Department and EMTs.
Equipment: Please remember to bring:
- Bike helmet, PFD, running shoes, sunscreen, towel, socks, sunglasses
- Filled water bottles, a smile and a great attitude!
LIMITED Rentals Available At:
Severe Weather Policy:
Any part of the race will be stopped in the event of:
- Visible lightning
- An active tornado warning
- Severe thunderstorm warning encompassing the start time or operation time
- High winds creating severe wave action/surf
- In the event of severe thunderstorms and tornado watches/warning, the race start will postponed up to 60 minutes from the scheduled start time if severe weather presents itself.
- The race may be postponed up to one hour before a cancellation will be issued.
- A race in progress will be suspended or cancelled if severe weather presents itself during the race.
- Race officials will monitor the weather on race morning and keep participants aware of any alterations to the schedule or alert athletes if the race has been postponed or cancelled.
- Please dress for all-weather conditions and plan accordingly.
- Your safety is our number one concern.
- NO REFUNDS will be issued if competition must be modified, shortened or cancelled due to weather conditions.
If the race is stopped:
- If you are on the water, please exit the water immediately and seek shelter.
- On any other part of the race, please seek shelter immediately.