Why winter is the most wonderful time of year here
December 7, 2023
Get ready for a great northern Wisconsin adventure when the snow flies. Boulder Junction, located in the heart of Vilas County in Wisconsin’s Northwoods, is the ideal winter vacation destination, whether you want to ride some of the Midwest’s best snowmobile trails, discover charming shopping options, or find fun winter events.
Invigorating winter recreation
Winter enthusiasts, rejoice—Boulder Junction is the perfect place for a snowy adventure in northern Wisconsin. Snowmobilers can ride more than 150 miles of impeccably groomed trails that cover scenic terrain in and around Boulder Junction. Boulder Junction Winter Park is a great family destination for winter hiking, snowshoeing, ice skating, and sledding. Plus, we’re home to some truly outstanding trails for cross-country skiing.
- Check out the latest conditions with our updated snow report.
- Here’s helpful information on snowshoeing and cross-country skiing in Boulder Junction.
- Take a look at our Boulder Junction snowmobiling guide and prepare for your trip with our Snowmobiling 101 articles and videos.
Whether you need to finish your holiday shopping or are looking for the perfect Northwoods gift to bring home for yourself, you’re in luck—Boulder Junction is home to a wide variety of retailers, from outdoors outfitters to home décor to handcrafted art. Learn more about Boulder Junction’s holiday shopping hotspots here.
Fueling yourself up before a day of adventure or warming up after you’ve been out all day? Boulder Junction’s tasty restaurants have just what you need. You’ll find a little bit of everything—pizza places, classic Northwoods supper clubs, longtime local favorites, craft beer destinations, coffee shops, and more.
- Discover family dining options and local favorites here.
- Looking for comfort food? Here’s where to go.
- Head to these restaurants and taverns on your next snowmobiling adventure in Boulder Junction.
Art classes, snowmobile club rides, and more—Boulder Junction’s event calendar has a lot of events to choose from, whether you’re here for a weekend trip or a longer winter getaway.
Plus, it’s never too early to start planning for next year’s trip to Boulder Junction—here’s a look at some of the town’s notable annual events.